‘Shining like stars in the universe.’ Philippians 2:15
Our number one aim for our Southdale family, is that we shine like stars in the universe in everything we do – we refer to this as the ‘Southdale Sparkle’. We like a challenge, never give up easily and have the highest expectations of ourselves and others. Our Christian values underpin the life of our school and we constantly show kindness and respect, so that everyone feels happy, safe and valued.
• To cultivate a caring community with a Christian ethos, in which people of all faiths and beliefs feel secure, calm, valued and respected. A community in which everyone can work as a team, supporting, encouraging and praising all achievement – creating a happy, caring school, where success is celebrated and mistakes are learned from.
• To provide an outstanding education for all children through a curriculum that is exciting, stimulating, challenging, and which builds selfconfidence.
• To provide high quality teaching and learning for all pupils, at all stages of their learning.
• To raise standards of attainment through secure progress for all children.
• To secure the best quality teaching and learning for children and young people through a sustainable model of developing support staff, teaching assistants, teachers and school leaders.
• To establish a modern, vibrant and inspiring learning environment in which the physical, personal, social and intellectual potential of all members of the school community are developed to the full.
• To strive for excellence and set the highest expectations for all members of the school community.
• To sustain a community spirit, with parents, pupils and staff working in partnership, and with respect for each other.